|Plugin developed under Eclipse 3.0: problems moving to 3.2 [message #186818]
||Tue, 23 January 2007 16:48
Originally posted by: yves.monier.temis.com|
Two years ago we started developing an Eclipse plugin based on SSE (to
implement xml validation and get benefits from the StructuredTextEditor
class). It has been developed on top of M3 of Eclipse 3.0, which was
officialy ready at this time.
Today developments restart, Eclipse 3.2.1 is there with 3.3 in progress.
I first tried Google's "I'm feeling lucky" approach, simply trying to
rebuild the old code against Eclipse 3.2.1. Unfortunately I get a
significant number of errors, mostly due to missing classes. In the best
case, the class is now in another package and I just have to modify the
import statement. But some classes (or methods) simply don't exist
anymore in Eclipse 3.2.1 jar files...
- org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.actions.CleanupActionXML (as well as other
- org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.search.FindOccurrencesAction Provider
- org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.search.XMLFindOccurrencesAct ion
The original code I try to compile subclasses StructuredTextEditor.
Seems this is not the best way to go: slides from EclipseCon 2006 say
that "In general, “extending” SSE Editors means using extension points,
not subclassing – this is done to allow future growth and changes
So that I'm a bit embarrassed now, about the best way to restart the
- should I try to make the exact original code to compile?
- should I forget about subclassing StructuredTextEditor (therefore
having to redevelop some things another way)?
- are they some resources, documents, tutorials, explaining how to move
such code from 3.0 to 3.1, to 3.2?
Any help or ideas will be very appreciated,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03205 seconds