Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Browser.getText returning incomplete/inaccurate page string.
Browser.getText returning incomplete/inaccurate page string. [message #1154841] Fri, 25 October 2013 13:49
Paul Kolonay is currently offline Paul KolonayFriend
I am using the browser.getText() method to save the page that is currently being viewed by the browser.
When I compare the page contents using view source in the browser window with the string returned by the browser.getText call there are significant differences.

Here is an example comparison:

Browser window 'view source' excerpt:

<input type="text" id="/SCWM/S_RF_SCRELM-MSGT2" name="/scwm/s_rf_screlm-msgt2[1]" value="found (/SCWM/RF_EN056)" readonly="true"/>

String from browser.getText() corresponding to same line above:

<INPUT id=/SCWM/S_RF_SCRELM-MSGT2 value="found (/SCWM/RF_EN056)" readOnly name=/scwm/s_rf_screlm-msgt2[1]>

The use case seems fairly straight forward but I get the feeling I must be doing something obviously wrong...
I am creating the browser using SWT.NONE for the style parameter on a windows 7 machine.

Any ideas/suggestions before I start digging through swt code? Maybe this is expected behavior.
Previous Topic:Multi Line RadioButton and Checkbox
Next Topic:SashForm -> ExpandBar -> Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:11 GMT 2024