Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Exporting Ant scripts(Exporting Ant scripts from Java projects)
Exporting Ant scripts [message #1151901] Wed, 23 October 2013 17:36
Neil Cohen is currently offline Neil CohenFriend
I am running Eclipse version Kepler, Service Release 1. I am building a set of programs with Java, including 2 or 3 libraries, 3 web applications (Tomcat) and 6 or 8 runnable .jar files. It all works fine.

Now I'm looking at trying to automate some of my build process. Among other things, that means I need to be able to compile my code and build my jar and war files from the command line (using ant). For the Runnable jar files, I was able to export the build.xml file to compile the code, and to export a <programName>.xml file to actually build the jar file - these are available from the Eclipse Export -> General -> Ant Buildfiles and the Export -> Runnable Jar File respectively).

However, I can't find anything like that for standalone jar files (libraries) or for my war files. I was able to compile the libraries as runnable jar files (although the size of the jar file more than doubled) so that is at least a workaround. But I can't find any way to automatically extract the build script for the .war files. I can probably construct an ant file that will package the war file, but I don't want to have to maintain it by hand...

Am I missing something simple here? Is there a way to extract scripts to package non-runnable jar files and war files?

thanks,

nbc
Previous Topic:run programs on a different machine
Next Topic:[Mockito testing] Problem Setting a mocked IWorkspaceRoot to return desired files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:14:04 GMT 2024