Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [Photran] Preprocessor Symbols(Preprocessor is not using symbols defined in project properties)
[Photran] Preprocessor Symbols [message #1148316] Mon, 21 October 2013 12:20
Rocky Dunlap is currently offline Rocky DunlapFriend
I am using the Kepler release of Eclipse with Photran 8.1. I cannot get the preprocessor to recognize symbols defined in my Fortran project. Specifically, I have taken the following steps:

1. Create a new Fortran project.

2. Add a single source file called testfile.F90 with the following code:

#ifdef FRANKY
program testfile
    implicit none
    print *, "Hello World!"
end program testfile
#endif

3. Looking at the Fortran outline view, there is no outline visible at all, just the text "<Free Form - C Preprocessed>". This is expected as the symbol FRANKY has not been defined.

4. Go to project properties-->Fortran General-->Paths and Symbols. Click on the Fortran language, add a new symbol FRANKY with value 1. Check "Add to all configuration" and "Add to all languages." Apply settings.

5. At this point, the preprocessor does not view FRANKY as being a defined symbol, even after re-indexing and rebuilding the Photran DB, etc. The Fortran outline view still shows no nodes (I expect at least the red circle with a "P" for program) and File-->Display Preprocessed Source shows an empty file.

6. The only way I have been able to get it to work is to add #define FRANKY at the top of testfile.F90. This is of course not ideal for projects with many files....

What am I missing?
Previous Topic:Symbol could not be resolved errors
Next Topic:How to quickly find a definition of a method, which derives after pure virtual function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:02:28 GMT 2024