Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Problem with BrandingIron for MacOS
Problem with BrandingIron for MacOS [message #174116] Mon, 27 July 2009 20:04
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: creckord.uni-kassel.de

Hi there,

I am running into a bit of a problem here when building an RCP headlessly for multiple platforms. I am building on a Linux machine and all
platforms except MacOS (linux, win32) build fine. For Mac I get

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/p2.brandingIron53812/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.helpers.FileUtils.zipFi le(FileUtils.java:357)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.helpers.FileUtils.zip(F ileUtils.java:286)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.helpers.FileUtils.zip(F ileUtils.java:251)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherAction.pub lishArtifact(AbstractPublisherAction.java:479)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.eclipse.EquinoxExecutableAc tion.publishExecutableIU(EquinoxExecutableAction.java:122)
at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.eclipse.EquinoxExecutableAc tion.perform(EquinoxExecutableAction.java:65)
[snip]

The problem seems to be that the EquinoxExecutableAction and the BrandingIron don't agree on where the files should be. The BrandingIron
brands the files to ${appname}/Contents/MacOS/${appname}, ${appname}/Contents/MacOS/${appname}.ini etc., but does not update the
EquinoxExecutableAction's ExecutablesDescriptor. So the EquinoxExecutableAction expects them in Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/${appname},
Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse.ini etc.

Is there a way around this? I tried both "eclipse" and "Eclipse" for the app name, but at some point, I always run into the FileNotFound.
With "eclipse", it is the non-existant Eclipse.app dir (which is eclipse.app then), with "Eclipse" it is the non-existant eclipse.ini (which
is Eclipse.ini).

My p2 publisher plugin is version org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher_1.0.0.v20090527-1812.

cheers,
Carsten
Previous Topic:Galileo p2 wont install my feature
Next Topic:p2 director and upgrades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:01:14 GMT 2024