Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Zooming not working in 2.1.1
Zooming not working in 2.1.1 [message #1132840] Fri, 11 October 2013 12:21 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hello

I'm updating our application from RAP 1.4.2 to 2.1.1.

I have a command handler which zooms the rap application (only in IE), this is the Javascript I use:
"window.parent.document.body.style.zoom=1.2;"


In RAP 1.4.2 executed as:
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.widgets.JSExecutor.executeJS(script);

and in RAP 2.1.1 executed as:
JavaScriptExecutor javaScriptExecutor = RWT.getClient().getService(JavaScriptExecutor.class);
javaScriptExecutor.execute(script);

In RAP 2.1.1 this is not working anymore.

I tried another zoom, but the result is not the same, the RAP application is scaled really bad.
"window.parent.document.body.style.transform = 'scale(1.2)';"

Searching the forum I came across this thread http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/366381/,
maybe there is a way to enabled zooming even if it is not working clean?
Or maybe these two topics are not related at all...

Is there some zooming functionality already implemented in RAP and I did not find it?

Thanks for any help/hint
Flavio


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Zooming not working in 2.1.1 [message #1136889 is a reply to message #1132840] Mon, 14 October 2013 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Messages: 1853
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Flavio,
zooming in runtime is dangerous and leads to layout and other problems
in IE. See bug:
351218: Improve support for browser-zooming on runtime
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=351218
Best,
Ivan

On 10/11/2013 3:21 PM, Flavio Donze wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm updating our application from RAP 1.4.2 to 2.1.1.
> I have a command handler which zooms the rap application (only in IE),
> this is the Javascript I use:
> "window.parent.document.body.style.zoom=1.2;"
>
>
> In RAP 1.4.2 executed as:
> org.eclipse.rwt.internal.widgets.JSExecutor.executeJS(script);
>
> and in RAP 2.1.1 executed as:
> JavaScriptExecutor javaScriptExecutor =
> RWT.getClient().getService(JavaScriptExecutor.class);
> javaScriptExecutor.execute(script);
>
> In RAP 2.1.1 this is not working anymore.
>
> I tried another zoom, but the result is not the same, the RAP
> application is scaled really bad.
> "window.parent.document.body.style.transform = 'scale(1.2)';"
>
> Searching the forum I came across this thread
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/366381/, maybe there is a
> way to enabled zooming even if it is not working clean?
> Or maybe these two topics are not related at all...
>
> Is there some zooming functionality already implemented in RAP and I
> did not find it?
>
> Thanks for any help/hint
> Flavio

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Zooming not working in 2.1.1 [message #1137264 is a reply to message #1136889] Mon, 14 October 2013 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Messages: 160
Registered: July 2009
Location: Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi Ivan

Thanks for your reply and pointing me to this issue.

Even if it is instable, is there a way to enable it?

Are there any plans to fix zooming handling? The issue states sometime past 2.1.

greets
Flavio


Organisations- und Prozessdokumentation Software
Qualität Management QMS :: Information Management IMS
http://www.scodi.ch
Re: Zooming not working in 2.1.1 [message #1139102 is a reply to message #1137264] Tue, 15 October 2013 14:39 Go to previous message
Tim Buschtoens is currently offline Tim BuschtoensFriend
Messages: 387
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi.

> Even if it is instable, is there a way to enable it?

We did not "disable" it, the bug is only about the glitches that might
happen if you do it anyway. Scaling by JS API is not specifically
supported or unsupported, it's a browser feature. The fact that it
doesn't work anymore after switching from 1.4.2 to 2.1.1. is likely
because IE9+ now renders RAP in "standard mode" as opposed to "quirksmode".

>
> Are there any plans to fix zooming handling? The issue states sometime
> past 2.1.

Hard to say. Since the glitches can be fixed with a simple refresh it
currently does not seem very pressing.

Greetings,
Tim

>
> greets
> Flavio

--
Tim Buschtöns

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Strange behavior of computeSize() methods
Next Topic:EJB with Geronimo
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 22 14:32:30 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06272 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software