Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Rule reach and extension consistency in Flock and ETL
icon3.gif  Rule reach and extension consistency in Flock and ETL [message #1131287] Thu, 10 October 2013 11:39 Go to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hi Everyone,

I hope this post creates an interesting discussion around the subject.

It might be too late (and surely break all the current Flock scripts out there), but for consistency (at least with ETL) the semantics of rule reach and extension in Flock should work the other way round, so migrate rules should:

1. Be "not greedy" by default (hence there should be a greedy annotation and not a strict)
2. Not inherit by default, so u will need an extends keyword and possibly an abstract annotation (if you want to skip instances of super-types from being migrated)

It would be nice to hear ideas/experience regarding this topic Very Happy

Regards,

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: Rule reach and extension consistency in Flock and ETL [message #1131911 is a reply to message #1131287] Thu, 10 October 2013 22:05 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Horacio,

I can see the benefits of making these changes but I agree with Louis that overhauling the default semantics of the language at this point is probably not an option. One option for a future version of Flock could be to provide a runtime flag that inverts the default semantics.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Iterator in an attribute
Next Topic:Type of input model in ETL project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:23:48 GMT 2024