Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Global Variables not working in Web Viewer
Global Variables not working in Web Viewer [message #1128379] Mon, 07 October 2013 16:23 Go to next message
P J is currently offline P JFriend
Hi,

I created Global Variables using Report Designer, when I use the preview option the values assigned to the variables after some calculations during rendering appear correctly.

However when I upload the rptdesign file Web viewer the result is different the default value which was assigned when the variable was created appears.

Is there any configuration I have to do on the Web viewer?

Regards
Re: Global Variables not working in Web Viewer [message #1129063 is a reply to message #1128379] Tue, 08 October 2013 08:46 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
As you describe the problem it looks like you assign values for your global variables in "onRender" events, or they are used by javascript expressions declared in render events.
To confirm this, in the URL of the WebViewer replace "frameset" or "run" with "preview". For example if your report call is:

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign?myparam=value1

Try this:

http://localhost:8080/birt/preview?__report=myreport.rptdesign?myparam=value1

It should work with the second URL, let me know. Using "onRender" events requires a good understanding of the general generation process of a BIRT report, in particular the difference between a runAndRender task (used for preview) and a run "and then render" task.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2013 08:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Drill-down report in java swing
Next Topic:Birt Parameter Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:13:58 GMT 2024