Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » eclipse get freezing!
eclipse get freezing! [message #170335] Wed, 31 May 2006 09:14 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: njalex.cn.gmail.com

After installing WTP 1.0, Eclipse becomes unstable. It gets freezed from
time to time.

Sometimes when I open a file, sometimes when I swith to another
perspective.

One thing I can ensure is that the problem won't occur if I disbale WTP
feature.

I am bored with this problem. I have reinstalled the OS. But the prolem is
still there. Is there anyone helping me? Thanks a lot!

Eclispe 3.1.1 M20050929-0840
WTP 1.0.0
OS : Win2003/WinXP sp2
Re: eclipse get freezing! [message #170394 is a reply to message #170335] Thu, 01 June 2006 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zkoppany.gmx.de

I had also such problems with 1.0.0 but don't have it with 1.0.2.

Zsolt

"Alex" <njalex.cn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:17b54b75d5f6c670408f3670a47d07ea$1@www.eclipse.org...
> After installing WTP 1.0, Eclipse becomes unstable. It gets freezed from
> time to time.
>
> Sometimes when I open a file, sometimes when I swith to another
> perspective.
>
> One thing I can ensure is that the problem won't occur if I disbale WTP
> feature.
>
> I am bored with this problem. I have reinstalled the OS. But the prolem is
> still there. Is there anyone helping me? Thanks a lot!
>
> Eclispe 3.1.1 M20050929-0840
> WTP 1.0.0
> OS : Win2003/WinXP sp2
>
>
Re: eclipse get freezing! [message #170433 is a reply to message #170394] Fri, 02 June 2006 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: njalex.cn.gmail.com

Zsolt Koppany wrote:
> I had also such problems with 1.0.0 but don't have it with 1.0.2.
>
> Zsolt
>
> "Alex" <njalex.cn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:17b54b75d5f6c670408f3670a47d07ea$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> After installing WTP 1.0, Eclipse becomes unstable. It gets freezed from
>> time to time.
>>
>> Sometimes when I open a file, sometimes when I swith to another
>> perspective.
>>
>> One thing I can ensure is that the problem won't occur if I disbale WTP
>> feature.
>>
>> I am bored with this problem. I have reinstalled the OS. But the prolem is
>> still there. Is there anyone helping me? Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Eclispe 3.1.1 M20050929-0840
>> WTP 1.0.0
>> OS : Win2003/WinXP sp2
>>
>>
>
>
I think I might find the cause of getting Eclipse frozen.

My workspace is shared by different Eclipses. One is 3.1.0, one is 3.1.1
(with a partially installed WTP 1.0 feature), and a 3.1.2 version (with
WTP 1.0.1) .

Yesterday I was struck by the idea that there might be something wrong
with the settings of WTP when entering into the .metadata folder.

So I deleted all WTP related data from .metadata.

Since then my eclipse don't get frozen any more.
Re: eclipse get freezing! [message #170851 is a reply to message #170433] Thu, 08 June 2006 14:44 Go to previous message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
Messages: 700
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
> I think I might find the cause of getting Eclipse frozen.
>
> My workspace is shared by different Eclipses. One is 3.1.0, one is 3.1.1
> (with a partially installed WTP 1.0 feature), and a 3.1.2 version (with
> WTP 1.0.1) .
>
> Yesterday I was struck by the idea that there might be something wrong
> with the settings of WTP when entering into the .metadata folder.
>
> So I deleted all WTP related data from .metadata.
>
> Since then my eclipse don't get frozen any more.

Alex, normally "sharing workspaces" at different levels of Eclipse is
not supported ... but ... if you are saying WTP "left tracks" in the
..metedata, that was slowing down eclipse, even after WTP was disabled,
we'd really appreciate your help narrowing down what that was, if you
have the time and abilitiy to experiemnt with it, reproduce it, narrrow
it down to some specific settings somewhere. That'd be a bad bug.
Previous Topic:Callisto Update Site Version
Next Topic:Abnormal exit
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 25 23:48:45 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02845 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software