Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » postgresql calling a function on delete
icon4.gif  postgresql calling a function on delete [message #1114098] Sun, 22 September 2013 06:45 Go to next message
Omid Pourhadi is currently offline Omid PourhadiFriend
Hi,

I created a function in postgresql and I want to run it when an entity is being deleted. I have to use customizer.

@Override
    public void customize(ClassDescriptor descriptor) throws Exception
    {
        descriptor.getQueryManager().setDeleteSQLString("select delete_recursive(#ID)");
    }

but when I execute this I get follow exception :

A result was returned when none was expected

my function is

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION delete_recursive(docid bigint)
  RETURNS void AS

as you can see function output is VOID I think it's because the way of calling functions in postgresql which starts with select

how can i overcome this issue ?

is this a bug ?
Re: postgresql calling a function on delete [message #1114964 is a reply to message #1114098] Mon, 23 September 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
You are specifying an SQL string which EclipseLink then tries to execute, which isn't the correct way of executing a stored procedure on Postgres. You should create a StoredProcedureCall, which EclipseLink will then form into SQL for the Postgres database if the app is configured to use the PostgreSQLPlatform:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/CRUDStoredProcedures has an example.

Best Regards,
Chris
Re: postgresql calling a function on delete [message #1119158 is a reply to message #1114964] Sat, 28 September 2013 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omid Pourhadi is currently offline Omid PourhadiFriend
Thank you Chris,

But How can I pass dynamic argument value to StoredProcedureCall query ?

the given example uses static parameter value.

call.addArgument("P_F_NAME", ?);
Re: postgresql calling a function on delete [message #1121396 is a reply to message #1119158] Mon, 30 September 2013 15:25 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
The example did not show static values - it was defining which fields the parameter value would correspond to. The values get pulled from the objects used in the CRUD operations. So
call.addArgument("P_EMP_ID", "EMP_ID") causes the "P_EMP_ID" call parameter to get passed the value from the "EMP_ID" mapping within the entity.

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:How to use Moxy
Next Topic:EclipseLink Bug in DatabaseQuery.checkPrepare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:37:55 GMT 2024