Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink Error Message 207
EclipseLink Error Message 207 [message #1101730] Wed, 04 September 2013 22:10 Go to next message
Brent Walther is currently offline Brent WaltherFriend
Hello,

I'm doing a migration from TopLink to EclipseLink and am running into problems with the descriptors.

I'm currently receiving this error message and I'm not sure what a likely cause would be (the descriptor works find with toplink). I also have not been able to find any traces of people with similar problems on Google. The exception is as follows:

Exception [EclipseLink-207] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.1.v20121003-ad44345): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
Exception Description: Insert table order is wrong: table [DatabaseTable(CORETOOL)] mapped to parent is specified to be inserted after table [DatabaseTable(CALENDARTOOL)] mapped to child.
Descriptor: ClassDescriptor(com.package.withheld.CalendarTool --> [DatabaseTable(CORETOOL), DatabaseTable(CALENDARTOOL)])

Exception [EclipseLink-207] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.1.v20121003-ad44345): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
Exception Description: Insert table order is wrong: table [DatabaseTable(CORETOOL)] mapped to parent is specified to be inserted after table [DatabaseTable(FILETOOL)] mapped to child.
Descriptor: ClassDescriptor(com.package.withheld.FileTool --> [DatabaseTable(CORETOOL), DatabaseTable(FILETOOL)])

Could anyone give me some more information about what causes this error message?
Re: EclipseLink Error Message 207 [message #1102308 is a reply to message #1101730] Thu, 05 September 2013 16:15 Go to previous message
Brent Walther is currently offline Brent WaltherFriend
I'm still unsure as to the definitive reason for the exception however I have managed to resolve it for now:

The exception may have to do with this:

descriptor.addForeignKeyFieldNameForMultipleTable(
            "CORETOOL.CORETOOLID", "FILETOOL.ID");

and I managed to resolve it with the following code:

List<DatabaseTable> tableInsertOrder = new ArrayList<DatabaseTable>();
        tableInsertOrder.add(new DatabaseTable("FILETOOL"));
        tableInsertOrder.add(new DatabaseTable("CORETOOL"));
        descriptor.setMultipleTableInsertOrder(tableInsertOrder);

Any insight?
Previous Topic:Eclipselink REST 404 responce code
Next Topic:Query Object Graph by Levels
Goto Forum: