Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext project from existing ecore models(with UML extension)
Xtext project from existing ecore models [message #1097077] Thu, 29 August 2013 07:46 Go to next message
Mathias Weber is currently offline Mathias WeberFriend
Hi,

I have an metamodel extending the UML.
The genmodel has the metamodel as its root package and the genmodels of UML, Types and Ecore referenced.

I now want to create an "Xtext project from existing ecore models" selecting the new genmodel. The build of the folders works fine.

But when I want to create the Xtext artifacts, I get confronted with GCOverhead and Java Heap Space errors. I tried to avoid them by starting the .mwe2 with the following VM args:
-Xms1024m
-Xmx2048m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit

The result was that the GCOverhead errors vanished and the execution time was longer. But the Heap Space errors still resist.

I have a machine with 4GB of RAM. After the start of Eclipse 2,2 GB are in use. When starting the .mwe2 the use raises up to 3,5 GB (which is about 90% of the total RAM).

My question is:
Could it be that I just have to less RAM for the generation of the Xtext artifacts?
Or are there other mistakes or things to adapt to get it working?

Find the error-protocol attached

Re: Xtext project from existing ecore models [message #1097257 is a reply to message #1097077] Thu, 29 August 2013 12:56 Go to previous message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
Which version of Xtext are you using? The ParsetreeConstructorFragment
has been deprecated looong ago in favor of the SerilaizerFragment.
Please upgrade and try the latter instead.

Am 29.08.13 09:46, schrieb Mathias Weber:
> Hi,
>
> I have an metamodel extending the UML.
> The genmodel has the metamodel as its root package and the genmodels of UML, Types and Ecore referenced.
>
> I now want to create an "Xtext project from existing ecore models" selecting the new genmodel. The build of the folders works fine.
>
> But when I want to create the Xtext artifacts, I get confronted with GCOverhead and Java Heap Space errors. I tried to avoid them by starting the .mwe2 with the following VM args:
> -Xms1024m
> -Xmx2048m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
> -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit
>
> The result was that the GCOverhead errors vanished and the execution time was longer. But the Heap Space errors still resist.
>
> I have a machine with 4GB of RAM. After the start of Eclipse 2,2 GB are in use. When starting the .mwe2 the use raises up to 3,5 GB (which is about 90% of the total RAM).
>
> My question is:
> Could it be that I just have to less RAM for the generation of the Xtext artifacts?
> Or are there other mistakes or things to adapt to get it working?
>
> Find the error-protocol attached
>
>

--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

---
Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:Comma separated Unordered group
Next Topic:Working with huge models in an embedded editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 10:05:51 GMT 2024