Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Oracle Data Source(Schema not shown properly, parameter problems)
Oracle Data Source [message #1090586] Tue, 20 August 2013 11:01 Go to next message
Juergen Baierle is currently offline Juergen BaierleFriend
I am using an Oracle instant client 10.2 to access an Oracle 8i database.

My first problem is that the designer shows only 100 data tables in the schema that I specified. There should be more than 500 tables though. Is there a setting that limits the schema table count to 100?

A bigger problem is that I can only use one string parameter in the query. When I introduce a second parameter and try "Preview Results" (or anything else that tries to run the query), I get an error. Can I actually use more than one parameter in a query? This is the error I am getting:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:318)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.runDataset(DatasetPreviewTask.java:280)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.execute(DatasetPreviewTask.java:91)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetPreviewer.preview(DataSetPreviewer.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.ResultSetPreviewPage$5.run(ResultSetPreviewPage.java:366)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: missing ; before statement
at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.runtimeError(DefaultErrorReporter.java:109)
at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.error(DefaultErrorReporter.java:96)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.addError(Parser.java:146)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.reportError(Parser.java:160)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statementHelper(Parser.java:1266)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statement(Parser.java:707)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:401)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:338)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileImpl(Context.java:2368)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1359)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1348)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine$3.run(JavascriptEngine.java:240)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine$3.run(JavascriptEngine.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine.compile(JavascriptEngine.java:236)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine.compile(JavascriptEngine.java:1)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.ScriptContext.compile(ScriptContext.java:148)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ParameterUtil.evaluateInputParameterValue(ParameterUtil.java:307)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ParameterUtil.resolveParameterBinding(ParameterUtil.java:216)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ParameterUtil.resolveParameterBindings(ParameterUtil.java:178)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ParameterUtil.resolveDataSetParameters(ParameterUtil.java:155)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.configureDataSetCache(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:237)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:171)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:154)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:634)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.extractQuery(DatasetPreviewTask.java:349)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:309)
... 5 more
Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1091916 is a reply to message #1090586] Thu, 22 August 2013 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

The schemas/tables are limited in the preferences:

Window -> Preferences -> Report Design -> Data Set Editor -> JDBC Data Set

For the second issue, can you attach your design?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1091969 is a reply to message #1091916] Thu, 22 August 2013 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot! I suspected something like this, 100 was too straight to be accidental. Smile

As for the second issue, I have attached the design file now. I am trying to introduce a second parameter into the query, replacing the line

"and t1.MNR <= '0Z'"

by

"and t1.MNR <= ?"

Also, I add another parameter, named "BisArtikel", string type, direction input. In the value field I enter "0Z" (sans the quotes). As soon as I click on "Output columns" or "Preview Results" I get an error about a ";" (semicolon) missing.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1092675 is a reply to message #1091969] Fri, 23 August 2013 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you try rebuilding the dataSet from scratch? If that doesn't work, you could always add/modify the where statement in your dataSet's beforeOpen script.

Michael

Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1092739 is a reply to message #1092675] Fri, 23 August 2013 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, I tried rebuilding the data set from scratch, at first with the same problems. But when I introduced report parameters, it suddenly worked. So the problem seems to be parameters in the dataset that are not linked to report parameters.

As you can probably guess, I am fairly new to BIRT, so I have no idea if dataset parameters without report parameters make any sense at all. Although maybe they could be set in a script or so.
Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1092744 is a reply to message #1092675] Fri, 23 August 2013 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried rebuilding the dataset from scratch and got the same results. But when I introduced report parameters assigned to the dataset parameters, everything worked fine.

I am new to BIRT so I have no idea if a dataset parameter makes sense without an assigned report parameter. I can imagine that one might want to set a dataset parameter value in a script. Still, if it works with one parameter, I would assume that it should work with more than one parameter too.

Thanks for your time!
Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1093237 is a reply to message #1092744] Fri, 23 August 2013 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Great! Glad it's working now! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Re: Oracle Data Source [message #1095891 is a reply to message #1093237] Tue, 27 August 2013 17:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse Beginner is currently offline Eclipse BeginnerFriend
Guessing this thread is answered. Still, BIRT does work with multiple parameters even if you have to use the same param again and again.. is this problem similar ? you got to use a beforeOpen script on dataset to implement this.
Previous Topic:Getting exception in report as Outer Query result does not exist. How to handle this exception?
Next Topic:BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:03:59 GMT 2024