Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » OpenShift Tomcat Configuration
OpenShift Tomcat Configuration [message #1085382] Mon, 12 August 2013 21:17 Go to next message
Chris Monty is currently offline Chris MontyFriend
Does anyone have any experience getting a Scout server deployed on OpenShift?

I have Tomcat running, the database set up, and the war deployed (for Server and RAP). Authentication works, but I'm not getting any data back from the server. Doesn't matter if I login from my client or from RAP. Behold:
index.php/fa/15897/0/

I suspect something fishy going on with OpenShift's port binding policy which reserves all ports below 15000 (with the exception of port 8080, which it apparently redirects traffic from port 80 to). I've configured my server.xml to allow for this of course, but it's still falling over. There are more details in my OpenShift forum post, here but to little avail.

I also see that getting Scout onto OpenShift was discussed previously. Are there some known technical challenges?

Cheers.
  • Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 5.08KB, Downloaded 700 times)
Re: OpenShift Tomcat Configuration [message #1085669 is a reply to message #1085382] Tue, 13 August 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith Gull is currently offline Judith GullFriend
Hi

Do you have a more detailed error message? I would check first, if the server is running correctly. You can check, if the process servlet is deployed correctly with a webbrowser: http://localhost:8080/helloworld_server/process (for helloworld). Then you see, if the port is working.

Regards,
Judith
Re: OpenShift Tomcat Configuration [message #1086181 is a reply to message #1085669] Tue, 13 August 2013 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Huser is currently offline Lukas HuserFriend
Hi Chris

I allowed myself to check the server URL you posted in the open shift forum.

1) http://tomcat-onemanband.rhcloud.com works fine and shows the Tomcat welcome screen.
2) http://tomcat-onemanband.rhcloud.com/crmdemo_server also works fine and even allows to download the client zip file.
3) http://tomcat-onemanband.rhcloud.com/crmdemo_server/process prompts for a login. So far so good. I tried the default user/pass for a Scout application with basic authentication (admin/manager) and got a lengthy exception trace as response. The error message reads
Quote:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

So I think the problem is that the Scout server fails to connect to your database.
You should verify
a) that the database is running
b) the connection settings of your SQLService

Hope this helps
Lukas
Re: OpenShift Tomcat Configuration [message #1086805 is a reply to message #1086181] Wed, 14 August 2013 18:56 Go to previous message
Chris Monty is currently offline Chris MontyFriend
Thanks Lukas and Judith,

You were right; the productive db connection string needed updating. What threw me off is that my DataSourceSecurityFilter was working, so the database connection must therefore also be working. I forgot to configure my PostgresSqlService.java separately. A silly oversight really. I now have some new lines in my server config files:
### Database Configuration
com.omb.crmdemo.server.services.common.sql.PostgresSqlService#jdbcMappingName=jdbc:postgresql://127.8.244.2:5432/democrm
com.omb.crmdemo.server.services.common.sql.PostgresSqlService#username=xxxxxxxx
com.omb.crmdemo.server.services.common.sql.PostgresSqlService#password=xxxxx

Things to remember for next time (also possibly useful to others):

1. Use the crmdemo_server/process link to test server database connectivity/deploy status.
  2. An error message of 'no data tag' means (in this instance at least) that the DB connection isn't working.
  3. Also useful to know, is that jdbc keys (even for custom SQL services) can be overridden in config files (as I did, above).

Happily, it works now. I've still got some tinkering to do, but it loads now. Thanks for the help.
Previous Topic:SmartField autoselection if only one choice is available
Next Topic:Scout+Gemini JPA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:06:15 GMT 2024