1) There are some new views available under Window > Show View > Other...
These views have the name of charts, e.g. Line Chart. When opening any of these views I get org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google.demo.Application$LineChartExample cannot be cast to org.eclipse.ui.IViewPart
2) Double-clicking the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google.demo_22.214.171.12420725-0824.jar
-> Nothing happens
3) Importing org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google.demo_126.96.36.19920725-0824.jar into workspace -> no plugins available
4) Importing org.eclipse.rap.rwt.visualization.google.source_188.8.131.5220725-0824.jar
into workspace -> lots of unresolved dependencies
5) Copying some example code into a new plugin -> some unresolved dependencies
I can't add the missing plugins to the required plugins in the plugin.xml because they don't appear as a choice there.
So I went to Build Path > Configure Build Path... > Libraries and Add External Jars.... When
are under Referenced Libraries all compile errors are gone.
Then I try Run As... RAP Application and I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/rap/rwt/visualization/google/json/JSONGoogleDataTable
I tried to add these two plugins in the run configuration but they don't appear there.
Finally, when I do Plug-in Tools > Update Classpath..., the referenced libraries are removed and the compile errors are back!
I have the feeling I'm totally doing something wrong!
The current version built in the incubator of the Google visualization project (v 1.5) is not compatible with the RAP 2.x protocol.
My group has been working on converting these to be compliant and have recently finished, but we have not yet contributed those changes to the incubator project. We will try to get this pushed back soon so you and the rest of the community can use the Google (as well as Jit) visualization widgets in RAP 2.x.