Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Drill Through To Cascading Parameters
Drill Through To Cascading Parameters [message #1077472] Thu, 01 August 2013 19:15 Go to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
Hi,

I'm having an issue passing two parameters to another report which uses cascading parameters. The values are being passed correctly, as I can see in the URL, but if the combination of the two (level 1 param and level 2 param) are not valid, then the level 2 param gets reset to the default based on the level 1 param. For example, I have a report that shows contract numbers and the contract status (active or inactive). I click the contract to drill down to the detail by customer and pass the contract's status (level 1) and contract ID (level 2). If I pass status:Inactive ID:25 but ID:25 isn't in the currently inactive list, then the contract ID is ignored and is defaulted back to contract ID 1 which is the first inactive contract.
Is there a way to prevent the cascading auto population of the second level parameter when drilling through?
Re: Drill Through To Cascading Parameters [message #1077515 is a reply to message #1077472] Thu, 01 August 2013 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
I found a workaround for this (what I would consider to be a bug): create a boolean param called Is_DrillThrough on the subreport defaulting to false. I also create a secondary contract ID parameter. If a report drills through then it passes true to Is_DrillThrough and passes the contract ID to both params. Then in the initialize code fo the subreport, it checks if the Is_DrillThrough is true and resets the original cascaded contract ID parameter using the secondary parameter. This is an ugly workaround requiring changes to all reports involved, but it does the trick for now.
Re: Drill Through To Cascading Parameters [message #1078513 is a reply to message #1077515] Sat, 03 August 2013 05:15 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What is your BIRT version? If you're using the latest or have tried this in the latest and it's still an issue, please log a bug in the bugzilla. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Building the designer, Nullpointer in DEUtil.java
Next Topic:Two scales in a axis X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:47:37 GMT 2024