Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Classic and Eclipse for Java Developers crashes unexpectedly on Puppy Linux Slacko5.5(32 bit Eclipse (and nothing but eclipse - not javac not java) crashes in Puppy Linux 5.5)
Eclipse Classic and Eclipse for Java Developers crashes unexpectedly on Puppy Linux Slacko5.5 [message #1066880] Fri, 05 July 2013 01:29
John Reed is currently offline John ReedFriend
Dear Eclipse Forum,

I have this problem that has occurred with both Eclipse Classic and Eclipse for Java developers on the newest version of 32 bit Eclipse Helios for Linux. The problem has also occurred repeatedly on Eclipse Juno for 32 bit Linux. All three of these different version of Linux that I have tried crash unexpectedly when running in the Puppy Linux Slacko5.5 operating system, the newest "standard" version of Puppy Linux.

At first I thought Eclipse only crashed after the "methods auto-complete" options appears (like when you type in System.out. and wait a second), but Eclipse continues to crash even with the auto-correct and auto-complete features disabled. I thought it might be the java compiler or java, but javac and java compile and run fine. In fact, I have written, compiled, and run "Hello World" programs in Eclipse on my Puppy Linux laptop after having disabled the auto-correct features, but I can't get Eclipse to stay open for more than 5 minutes without it crashing. The Eclipse window just suddenly vanishes without explanation, without error report, and without offering to save. The problem is so bad that I now use command prompt text based programming for doing my homework.

Please look at my in-detail bug report and instructions for bug replication on the puppy Linux forum here:

//This forum isn't letting me post the link, so here it is without the "http" part.

murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=711495#711495

Previous Topic:Why to generate a Jar File / Library out of Eclipse 2
Next Topic:paragraph and >> symbols showing up in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:19:21 GMT 2024