Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Linking working sets(Linking package/project explorer working sets with task list working sets)
Linking working sets [message #1065722] Thu, 27 June 2013 09:19
Roman Vottner is currently offline Roman VottnerFriend
Hi,

I'm managing my projects in Eclipse Juno with the help of working sets, which filter projects not related to the selected (active) working set.

The task list (and a couple of other components) provides working sets too. As I'm using Mylyn to integrate bug-reports and tasks I'd love to have the possibility to apply the working set feature here automatically based on the selected working set in the package/project explorer. Currently I have to manually select the appropriate working set for the package/project explorer AND for the task list each.

On creating a new working set in the package explorer, the dialog allows the creation of Resource-, Breakpoint-, Java-, Task and Resources-, JavaScript- and Plug-in and Fragments-working set types. While a Java working set would be the obvious choice, the Task and Resources selection allows adding the desired projects as well as specifying the tasks related to this working set. Selecting the appropriate working set in the package/project explorer does filter projects as intended, however the task list's working set remains unaffected by the working set selection. So, the task list still contains all Mylyn entries for all projects instead of only those entries related to the selected projects.

On adding the Window Working Set command group via Window\Customize Perspective... --> Command Groups Availability, I'm receiving a working set selector next to the perspective selection (Java, JaveEE, Debug, ...). However, this option only toggles a working set instead of switching directly through the selected working sets. Moreover, it affects only the Task List entries but not the selected projects in the package/project explorer.

So, is there any possibility to link working sets, so that changing f.e. a working set in the package explorer also affects the listed tasks in the task list automatically?
Previous Topic:Version problem
Next Topic:Sorting of Folders and files in the Web Resources node in the Project Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 07:53:34 GMT 2024