Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Juno appearence configuration
Eclipse Juno appearence configuration [message #1064019] Mon, 17 June 2013 10:04
Alberto Ognibene is currently offline Alberto OgnibeneFriend
Hi there!

Today I decided to upgrade from Indigo to Juno, but it's really hard.
In order to have a clean new installation, I decided to install a brand new Eclipse instead of upgrading my current directory. Thus, I downloaded Eclipse Classic 4.2, the CDT plug-in, and installed the plug-in into the SDK.
Now, everything seems to work... everything but not the appearence.

The image below is my current Indigo instance. I'm using it without problems since I've installed it. As you ca see, it has a dark theme and dark syntax hightlightling palette in order to avoid eyestrain.
index.php/fa/15282/0/

This other one, instead, is my brand new Juno instance.
index.php/fa/15283/0/
As you can see, is quite impossible to use it. (and it also seems more resource eater)

To obtain that result on Indigo, I spent some days (maybe a copule of weeks) in searching and trying components and themes that meets my needs. For this reason, it will be great if this time I could avoid to waste time.

Does someone has an idea to fix my problem and make my Juno installation looks like the Indigo one?

Thank you for reading this

Note: To be thorough. I decided to upgrade my Indigo mostly because it has a plug-in installed (called RTC - Relational Team Cooperation) that I no longer need (I never needed it, but I had to install it because of an university class) and that is becoming real annoying. The only way I found to remove it is by unistalling each, single, package from Help -> About Eclipse SDK -> Installation Detalis. But there are too many things to remove, and it takes too much time (time that in this moment and for some months ahead I will not have).
  • Attachment: indigo.png
    (Size: 74.03KB, Downloaded 1123 times)
  • Attachment: juno.png
    (Size: 77.38KB, Downloaded 919 times)
Previous Topic:Remote debugging with Eclipse
Next Topic:auto-search when tiping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 20:41:45 GMT 2024