Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Component Name as Parameter(wanna use a case on different components)
Component Name as Parameter [message #1062738] Mon, 10 June 2013 14:55 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hello,

i am trying to generate a test case that can be used on ever Text Component in our Program. i wanna write something in it save and check the content after saving.
is there any way to set the Component Name in a Test Step as a parameter.

i am new in jubula and noticed that it wont work if i enter f.e. =compName in Component Name Property

Best Regards Dominik
Re: Component Name as Parameter [message #1062822 is a reply to message #1062738] Mon, 10 June 2013 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
If all you need to be able to do is use the same test case for multiple components, all you have to do is give the component a place-holder name in the test step, then replace it with an assigned component name in the "New Name" column of the Component Names view each time you reference your test case in another case or suite.

If you actually need the component name to come from a parameter (e.g. iterating through values from a data file), then I do not think that Jubula will allow that; it will give you an "Incomplete Object Mapping" error, and not let you run the test, unless all of the component names you use in your test specification ultimately resolve to ones that are assigned to technical names.

If there turns out to be some strange and secret workaround that does make this possible, I hope someone will correct me. Smile
Re: Component Name as Parameter [message #1062851 is a reply to message #1062822] Tue, 11 June 2013 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
David Hickernell wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 18:04
If all you need to be able to do is use the same test case for multiple components, all you have to do is give the component a place-holder name in the test step, then replace it with an assigned component name in the "New Name" column of the Component Names view each time you reference your test case in another case or suite.

Thank you it worked very well Wink
Re: Component Name as Parameter [message #1151312 is a reply to message #1062822] Wed, 23 October 2013 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Winkler is currently offline Sascha WinklerFriend
Hey,

I'm sorry for posting at such an old thread, but i have the same problem. I don't understand the solution. How can i set a placeholder in a test case. If I reference this test case in another, there is no possibility to change the Component.

regards,
Sascha
Re: Component Name as Parameter [message #1151361 is a reply to message #1151312] Wed, 23 October 2013 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

the docs are here and there is an example here.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Component Name as Parameter [message #1151410 is a reply to message #1151361] Wed, 23 October 2013 10:26 Go to previous message
Sascha Winkler is currently offline Sascha WinklerFriend
thank you, i missed the checkbox
Previous Topic:Running Jubula on a windows Jenkins agent requires a display plugin?
Next Topic:Mulit-User-Tests with Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:03:50 GMT 2024