Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Clean Equinox' cache after uninstallation of bundles
Clean Equinox' cache after uninstallation of bundles [message #1053033] Thu, 02 May 2013 07:14 Go to next message
Charles Bonneau is currently offline Charles BonneauFriend
Hello,
I have a Bundle that changes the starting order of other bundles (like org.eclipse.jdt.ui). The problem is that when the user uninstalls my bundle, at restart, Equinox tries to resume the state of the other bundles, and the startup of Eclipse fails, because my bundle is not here to handle the early startup of remaining bundles (like org.eclipse.jdt.ui).
Obviously, this problem is solved by starting Eclipse with the "-clean" argument.
But, according to the users, I should not force them to use "-clean", I should "give back Eclipse in the state I found it when I installed my bundles". Confused
So I need to catch the uninstallation process of my bundles and trigger programmatically the cleanup of Equinox' cache.
How could I do it ?
I though I could use the P2 touchpoints, but so far I didn't manage to make it work.
Any idea ?

Best regards,

Charles
Re: Clean Equinox' cache after uninstallation of bundles [message #1053297 is a reply to message #1053033] Fri, 03 May 2013 16:36 Go to previous message
Andy McCright is currently offline Andy McCrightFriend
Would a BundleTracker/BundleTrackerCustomizer help here? I've never tried using one for monitoring the UNINSTALL state, but assuming that it works, you would receive a callback when a bundle is uninstalled. At that point, you could restore the settings from before your bundle was installed.

Hope this helps,
Andy
Previous Topic:Read a file residing in other plugin
Next Topic:P2 Update fails with non default osgi.configuration.area
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:21:45 GMT 2024