Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Maven Release Plugin problem(Cannot enable it)
Maven Release Plugin problem [message #1051476] Sun, 28 April 2013 21:30 Go to next message
k z is currently offline k zFriend
Hello,

I've just installed the latest version of Hudson Maven Release Plugin (0.10.0-h-1). The problem is I cannot enable it. According to the plugin homepage(btw it is down now) there should be "Maven release build" checkbox in the Build Environment section in the project configuration but there is not. There is nothing about Maven Release in the project configuration at all. In the system configuration I have "Maven Release Plug-in" section but it contains only one checkbox "Enable Nexus Pro support" which indicates that the plugin is installed successfully. What is the problem?

After some research I noticed this option is only available in "Build a Maven 2/3 project (Legacy)" job type which seems deprecated. Why is it missing in a free-style project?

Regards!

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2013 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maven Release Plugin problem [message #1051552 is a reply to message #1051476] Mon, 29 April 2013 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Don't know. Looks like Winston forked that about 8 months ago. I'm sure he'll look at it soon. Please note, we both have April 30 deadlines for other deliverables, which may delay our constructive response a couple of days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Maven Release Plugin problem [message #1052182 is a reply to message #1051476] Mon, 29 April 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
In Hudson you can use maven to build in two ways

- By creating a Maven job (now legacy and deprecated)
- By using maven 3 builder in a freestyle job

You need Maven Release plugin for releasing your artifacts if you are using Maven Job approach. If you are using Maven3 builder (second approach), then you don't need Maven Release plugin, but you can use the advanced section of the Maven 3 builder to release your artifacts.

Unfortunately for the latter approach you need to know how to provide proper option to release your artifacts properly.

It may be useful if we can make that easy in the Maven 3 builder approach.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Maven Release Plugin problem [message #1053547 is a reply to message #1052182] Mon, 06 May 2013 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k z is currently offline k zFriend
Can you cast some more light on this topic? What type of parameters do I need to use to release artifacts when using maven3 builder instead of maven job type along with maven release plugin. Maven Release plugin allows me to specify both development and release versions, it modifies POMs and commits them into SCM, it creates tag then checkouts from this tag and build release version, it also creates new development vesion and commits it to SCM. Is there a similar procedure in maven3 build step?
Re: Maven Release Plugin problem [message #1058166 is a reply to message #1053547] Sun, 12 May 2013 23:47 Go to previous message
Stuart McCulloch is currently offline Stuart McCullochFriend
You can either use separate maven3 build steps with a goal of release:prepare followed by a goal of release:perform, or you can use a single maven3 build step with both goals. These are the standard Maven goals that modify the POMs and commit them into SCM and then tag, checkout, and build the release before moving the POMs to the development version: http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/

The releaseVersion and developmentVersion properties can be used to control the versioning, other properties are documented under the http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html and http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html goals.
Previous Topic:Hudson (v1.395.1) - send e-mail on successful build only
Next Topic:Hudson (v1.395.1) - multiple JDKs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:27:47 GMT 2024