Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Web App Libraries - Deployment issue
Web App Libraries - Deployment issue [message #153019] Tue, 20 December 2005 13:39 Go to next message
Sebastian Wiemer is currently offline Sebastian WiemerFriend
Hi there,

i face a problem which seems to be a very common one. The WTP behaviour of handling web application libraries.

As far as i found information yet, they always have to be placed (copied) into the WEB-INF/lib directory :(

As we are working with a maven like project setup (but only based on ant) we have to resolve dependencies to libraries dynamically (at the moment handeled by ant tasks). Libraries are stored in a local cache just like the MAVEN_REPO.

To ease up the setup of plugins using our own project setup we are creating several templates of .classpath, .project, .wtmodules and perhaps .runtime -- btw we are working with eclipse 3.1, wtp sdk 0.7.0.

Everything works so far with those modified eclipse specific project configuration files. The only thing missing is the tomcat integration wich fails because of those missing dynamically added library. All of them are added to .classpath like the following example:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/snwiem/.repository/jakarta-regexp/jakarta-rege xp-1.3.jar "/>

On build time those libraries are handled correctly but they are not deployed into the .deployables/.../WEB-INF/lib.

So finally my question is: Is there a chance to configure the wtp module for that kind of problem or is the handling of the WEB-INF/lib directory hard-coded into the plugin ?

Another idea would be a specific build (in .project) which copies the libraries from the repository into the .deployabled/../WEB-INF/lib ?

Would be nice to hear from anyone soon.

Take care
Sebastian
Re: Web App Libraries - Deployment issue [message #153066 is a reply to message #153019] Tue, 20 December 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: gercan.removeThis.acm.org

Although your environment is quite complex, I think in the end you are
hitting bug# 116783 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=116783)

Gorkem

Sebastian Wiemer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i face a problem which seems to be a very common one. The WTP behaviour of handling web application libraries.
>
> As far as i found information yet, they always have to be placed (copied) into the WEB-INF/lib directory :(
>
> As we are working with a maven like project setup (but only based on ant) we have to resolve dependencies to libraries dynamically (at the moment handeled by ant tasks). Libraries are stored in a local cache just like the MAVEN_REPO.
>
> To ease up the setup of plugins using our own project setup we are creating several templates of .classpath, .project, .wtmodules and perhaps .runtime -- btw we are working with eclipse 3.1, wtp sdk 0.7.0.
>
> Everything works so far with those modified eclipse specific project configuration files. The only thing missing is the tomcat integration wich fails because of those missing dynamically added library. All of them are added to .classpath like the following example:
>
> <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/snwiem/.repository/jakarta-regexp/jakarta-rege xp-1.3.jar "/>
>
> On build time those libraries are handled correctly but they are not deployed into the .deployables/.../WEB-INF/lib.
>
> So finally my question is: Is there a chance to configure the wtp module for that kind of problem or is the handling of the WEB-INF/lib directory hard-coded into the plugin ?
>
> Another idea would be a specific build (in .project) which copies the libraries from the repository into the .deployabled/../WEB-INF/lib ?
>
> Would be nice to hear from anyone soon.
>
> Take care
> Sebastian
Re: Web App Libraries - Deployment issue [message #153182 is a reply to message #153019] Wed, 21 December 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandre Poitras is currently offline Alexandre PoitrasFriend
I have the same exact problem. I would like to use Maven 2 with wtp. I posted the issue on Maven user list. I'll post details if I get some answers there.
Re: Web App Libraries - Deployment issue [message #153200 is a reply to message #153019] Wed, 21 December 2005 15:49 Go to previous message
Alexandre Poitras is currently offline Alexandre PoitrasFriend
Ok I got some answers on Maven mailing list.
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=116783 for details, the issue is scheduled for 1.0.1. Please add a vote to the issue in bugzilla to raise the priority for eclipse developers!
Previous Topic:Websphere Issuses
Next Topic:documentation and help system contributed by IBM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:42:29 GMT 2024