Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » plugin using CDT runs differently on target platform and on product
plugin using CDT runs differently on target platform and on product [message #1038111] Wed, 10 April 2013 12:18
VINH Tao is currently offline VINH Tao
Messages: 1
Registered: April 2013
Junior Member
Hi,

I have made an Eclipse plug-in, which finds the references of an ASTName (variable, function) using CDT's Indexer. It works well on the target platform. But when I export the plug-in and use it in another Eclipse IDE (I call it product), which has the same setting as the target platform, it cannot find the references.

Here is the detail settings I used
- Target Platform and Product are copies of the same Eclipse Indigo, CDT 8.0.2
- How I find references
1. find binding for ASTName: IIndex.findBinding(IASTName)
2. find references: IIndex.findNames(binding, IIndex.FIND_ALL_OCCURRENCES | IIndex.SEARCH_ACROSS_LANGUAGE_BOUNDARIES)
- I follow all of the other normal processes like IIndex.acquireReadLock() and IIndex.releaseReadLock()

Could someone please give me any clue of this, or better, could you give me an insight into how CDT works on managing indexing data.

Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic:Segmentation faults in the console
Next Topic:Problem with TCF & indexing a remote C++ project
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 20:13:46 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01800 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software