Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » simple text field widget does not work(at org.eclipse.e4.ui.bindings.keys.KeyBindingDispatcher.isPartialMatch(KeyBindingDispatcher.java:462))
simple text field widget does not work [message #1032071] Tue, 02 April 2013 14:32 Go to next message
Oliver Kolling is currently offline Oliver KollingFriend
In my try to move an 3.x RCP Application to 4 I managed to bump into another issue. I created a simple test part with a simple Text on it. When I start the application, it displays fine and does not show any errors. But when I try typing in the field I get a null pointer in the KeyBindingDispatcher.

my code:

public class DpeEditorPart {

private Text someText;

@PostConstruct
	public void createPartControl(Composite parent) {
        parent.setLayout(new GridLayout(3, false));
        someText = new Text(parent, SWT.BORDER);

someText.setLayoutData(new GridData(SWT.FILL, SWT.CENTER, true, false, 1, 1));

}	
@Focus
    private void setFocus(IEclipseContext context) {
       // someText.setFocus();
    }
}

the problem seams to be that the call below in the
org.eclipse.e4.ui.bindings.keys.KeyBindingDispatcher

returns null here:

private EBindingService getBindingService() {
		if (bindingService == null) {
			bindingService = (EBindingService) context.get(EBindingService.class.getName());
		}
		return bindingService;
	}

Which might be, because this service is never put into the context. My guess is, that I missed some dependencies/imports here...?

Thanks.
Re: simple text field widget does not work [message #1032074 is a reply to message #1032071] Tue, 02 April 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Well not quite sure if I'm correct, but it seems you are missing some addons. Especially the BindingServiceAddon. How did you create your sample application? Using a wizard or from scratch?

Some information on the addons can be found here: http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseRCP/article.html#modeladdons_standard
Re: simple text field widget does not work [message #1032077 is a reply to message #1032074] Tue, 02 April 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, that is exactly the thing bothering me. When I create a sample application with the wizard and simply add a field, it works. But when I use my application which I want to move from 3.x to 4 it doesn't.
Re: simple text field widget does not work [message #1032079 is a reply to message #1032077] Tue, 02 April 2013 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Then the addons seem to be missing. Try to compare the addons section of your application model with the one created by the wizard.
Re: simple text field widget does not work [message #1032085 is a reply to message #1032079] Tue, 02 April 2013 14:51 Go to previous message
Solved... the addons your were right. THANKS! ... Smile
Previous Topic:How to manage the parts
Next Topic:performance problems with editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:35:26 GMT 2024