Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Errors in Workspace(Errors exist in required project(s) )
Errors in Workspace [message #1030670] Sun, 31 March 2013 15:00 Go to next message
Jenny King is currently offline Jenny KingFriend
Hi,

I am new in Eclipse RCP. Please help.

I have a project named edunet.smi.rcp and I need to import a library which exists in another another project named edunet.mfk.rcp.tulsa in the bundle and its bundle named edunet.mfk.rcp.tulsa also.

I add the bundle name and import the edunet.mfk.rcp.tulsa in plugin.xml in my current
project edunet.smi.rcp. When I run the current project, I got errors with a dialog window
Errors in Workspace.

Errors exist in required project(s):
edunet.smi.rcp, edunet.mfk.rcp.tulsa
proceed with lunch ?

I have recompiled the bundle project edunet.mfk.rcp.tulsa, but I still got errors.

Please help.

Re: Errors in Workspace [message #1033430 is a reply to message #1030670] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:13 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
this is really not much information. First of all before you launch your configuration make sure that you have no compilation problems in the relevant bundles. That's what the dialog tells you.

In order to use classes from a library located in bundle A you need to add the lib to the classpath of that bundle. Go to the Runtime Tab of the PDE-Editor (plugin.xml)and add the lib to the classpath. Then decide which packages of that lib you want to export for other plugins. Add these packages to the "Exported Packages" section located on the same editor page (this might be what you have missed out).

You can now import these packages in a bundle B by either specifying Bundle A as "Required Bundle" on the dependency tab or by importing packages of Bundle A in the "Imported Packages" section of the same tab page.

Of course there could be all kinds of other compilation problems in your project.

HTH

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:Loading NativeLib with WebStart (JRE 1.7)
Next Topic:Empty Selection after opened an editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:15:57 GMT 2024