Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to overlay a table cell with a grid?(How to overlay a table cell with a grid?)
How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1029247] Fri, 29 March 2013 11:27 Go to next message
Dragos Ando is currently offline Dragos AndoFriend
Hello all,

I have the following question. Is there a possibility to overlay a table cell with a grid? I am having a URI image source queried conditionaly. I want to use this image as a background in the table cell and the grid cell to display the value. I want this two to be one in other, centered.

If you have a solution, please let me know.

Thank you very much.
Re: How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1029555 is a reply to message #1029247] Fri, 29 March 2013 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, within the table, you just want to change the background image for the cell and then display a text over it? This should be able to be done just by setting the background image dynamically and having your data element within the table cell with your text, like normal. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1031096 is a reply to message #1029555] Mon, 01 April 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer. Problem is that I use a condition in the SQL query. I only retreive a cell value that based on the query condition will display an image (traffic light) in an image cell, URI type. What I want is to put one grid with 2 rows, one with value and the other with u.m. (this one will be a text cell with default value) over this png image. Table cell already has the desired dimensions so the image to fit properly.

Can you give me an example based on these requirements?

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thank you again!
Re: How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1032142 is a reply to message #1031096] Tue, 02 April 2013 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What is your BIRT version?

Michael

Re: How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1032580 is a reply to message #1032142] Wed, 03 April 2013 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIRT version is 2.6.1

Thank you, Michael!
Re: How to overlay a table cell with a grid? [message #1033313 is a reply to message #1032580] Thu, 04 April 2013 05:17 Go to previous message

You should be able to put something like:

this.getStyle().backgroundImage = row["imageURL"];

in the onCreate of the table cell. Then, simply put a grid within the table cell. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue. Let me know.

Michael

Previous Topic:to get value from parameter
Next Topic:parameter passed to subreport in arabic letters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:46:09 GMT 2024