|Eclipse RCP P2 Update [message #1027526]
||Wed, 27 March 2013 04:15
| Priyank Thakkar
Registered: August 2012
I am developing an RCP P2 update and badly stuck with P2 update functionality. My query is as mentioned below:|
1. I created RCP Mail Template application. (com.project.app.mail)
2. Added product configuration file MailProduct.product
3. Added org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk as a dependency in the dependency tab if my plugin project. After adding this, I got Intall New Software and Check for Update options under the help menu.
4. Added p2.inf file with following content.
5. Converted a product to feature based product.
6. Created a feature project (com.project.feature.mail)
7. Added com.project.app.mail in the plugin tab of feature com.project.feature.mail
8. Launched RCP product via product file. As it failed, I went to run configuration, added required plugin. Application launched successfully after that.
9. Exported the product. Exported product worked fine.
10. Now I made some changes to com.project.app.mail.
11. Updated com.project.feature.mail verstion to 1.0.100.quailfier (earlier version 1.0.0.quialifier)
12. Added an update site project. Added category with id com.project.category.mail. Added mail feature with version 1.0.100.qualifier.
13. Clicked on build all, moved generated features, plugin, artifact and repository.xml to a local http server (tomcat)
14. I tried to update the com.project.feature.mail via, check for update option. It is connecting to the update site. When I put the update site URL in browser it leads me to site.xml and the output is as mentioned below:
<feature url="features/com.test.feature.mail_18.104.22.168303270908.jar" id="com.test.feature.mail" version="22.214.171.124303270908">
<category-def name="com.test.category.core" label="Core"/>
15. It says no update found, while the install new software page shows the updated com.project.feature.mail with updated versio. In proceeding ahead with installation, it tells only update is possible while update cannot find the new update.
If you need any other infomation do let me know.
Kindly guild me how provide update for base product.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01507 seconds