Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Feature version qualifiers and Git(Only on features, the qualifier is being set to the map tag)
icon5.gif  Feature version qualifiers and Git [message #1022362] Thu, 21 March 2013 18:36
S Bird is currently offline S BirdFriend
I have a headless PDE build process setup and running. A while back we switched to Git for source control. We fetch all our plugin and features from Git using a map file.
Here is the problem, but only on Features. When the features are retrieved from Git, the version qualifier is set to the tag name from the map file. For instance, when pulled from master the tag is 'origin/master'. You see, the slash is an invalid qualifier character and the build fails with and IllegalArgumentException.

I have read, re-read, and experimented with all the ways a qualifier gets set, based on the documentation here , and it doesn't apply to features.
I can specify a version qualifier in the build properties by setting the forceContextQualifier and it gets ignored....but only on Features.

I have some Features where there is no problem. I cannot see the difference between the features that work and those that don't.

Can someone explain what I have to do to use the version qualifier on a feature, with Git?

I have attached a file with the stack trace if you are interested.
Previous Topic:Syntax Color Comment Blocks Inside Comment
Next Topic:Headless PDE build fails for platform specific plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:19:39 GMT 2024