Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » break in columns after certain width
break in columns after certain width [message #1018522] Thu, 14 March 2013 01:36 Go to next message
Sean Lewis is currently offline Sean LewisFriend
So I have a report that displays in an iframe inside a webpage. This report has a graph up top and a crosstab below it. The crosstab dynamically returns a number of colunmns depending on the parameters passed. it could be 2 columns or 15 columns. The problem is after it reaches a certain width it runs off the side of the report, and off the visible page (without scrolling). I would like to try to find a way say after 7 columns or 500px width (some set value) create a break in the columns so it essentially starts a new line below the first.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks!!

I found this example : http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/855-crosstab-horizontal-page-break-example/

Which is similar to what I want to do, but instead of putting the break on the next "page", I'd like to just put it below. So you would have those three crosstabs (that are on the 3 different pages in that example) one right after(below) each other on the same page. If that better explains what I want to do better.. The values/columns being returned are dynamic so i can't really group based on some set values to look for.

Thanks again!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 07:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: break in columns after certain width [message #1018967 is a reply to message #1018522] Thu, 14 March 2013 20:00 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You could always specify a __page= url parameter but you would have to know how many pages. Take a look at the attached report. It has a button on page one that calls a script to add all the pages in a report to the dom using iframe tags.

Previous Topic:There is no report design object available.
Next Topic:problem with open report outside directory deployed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:01:59 GMT 2024