Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Debugger does not execute the changed/latest plugins
Debugger does not execute the changed/latest plugins [message #1016112] Tue, 05 March 2013 06:23
Ravikanth Chavali is currently offline Ravikanth ChavaliFriend
Hi All,

I was trying to debug a plugin and the debug configurations does not execute the modified plugins. However the plugins view show the latest version of the plugins have been loaded. It some how chache's the bad/old jars. To confirm the same I have changed sysout statements. But none of the changed sysout statements are seen in the console. I see the new plugin versions are loaded but just not executed in runtime. I have tried a number of options.

1. Changed the plugin version to from 1.0.0.23 to 1.1
2. Started eclipse with -clean
3. Deleted the .metadata and runtime-application folders and reimported the plugin projects.

However after a lot of try and error, I found that if I change the workspace folder name then it would pick up the changes. This means the workspace path is getting cached somewhere.

To clarify I am using RDz v8.5.1, which is build upon Eclipse 3.6 with Java 1.7.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thank you!
Previous Topic:<terminated> ServerApp [Java Application] C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Next Topic:unable to start eclipse juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:05:39 GMT 2024