Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Search window opens without contents / with grey box
Search window opens without contents / with grey box [message #1015430] Thu, 28 February 2013 14:51 Go to next message
Mark Howard is currently offline Mark HowardFriend
Has anyone seem this strange issue with the latest eclipse juno SR2 M3 release on ubuntu linux 12.10?

index.php/fa/13609/0/

When I open a search dialog, either with ctrl-h or through the menus, the dialog is mostly empty - everything under the tabs and above the 'Scope' section is just a grey box and searches from here don't work. If I change to a different tab and back, the controls load correctly. This means I now have to ctrl-h to search, go the the file search tab, then back to the java search to get it to work.
I've tried a clean install changing perspectives and workspaces, but can't find a way around this. Also definitely running oracle jdk7.
I'm assuming this is ubuntu and unity specific. Any ideas on how to workaround this issue.
Re: Search window opens without contents / with grey box [message #1017229 is a reply to message #1015430] Mon, 11 March 2013 09:03 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

If you open the Error Log view, do you have any meaningfull errors that could be related to this problem?

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:Shortcut for open project tree of current file opened
Next Topic:what is stable version of Eclipse (with CDT)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:27:08 GMT 2024