Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Getting commit data for eclipse.jdt.core for bug analysis
Getting commit data for eclipse.jdt.core for bug analysis [message #1015261] Wed, 27 February 2013 22:33 Go to next message
Abhinav Choudhury is currently offline Abhinav ChoudhuryFriend
I am working on a bug prediction module and the current tests are being done on the source and revisions for eclipse.jdt.core
If I get the build release dates of two particular revisions of Eclipse, how can I get all commits made to eclipse.jdt.core between these dates?

Build date for 3.6 release is 8 June 2010 and for 3.7 is 13 June 2011
Here's what I plan to do:
Using the Python API for Github, get all commits from master branch of eclipse.jdt.core with dates between these two dates. Does this guarantee all commits/changes in eclipse.jdt.core between these releases?
Re: Getting commit data for eclipse.jdt.core for bug analysis [message #1015437 is a reply to message #1015261] Thu, 28 February 2013 15:08 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Your strategy should basically work. To be really sure about associating releases with commits you may want to use the corresponding tags like R3_6, R3_6_1 ..., R3_7 ... (see http://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core.git/refs/). For some time, release builds were not created from master but from branch "integration". Using the tags should protect you against such subtleties.

I don't know about the github API though.

PS: please let us know if you can predict some bugs in JDT/Core Smile
Previous Topic:Data flow analysis in JDT compiler
Next Topic:2 problem with j2ee
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:24 GMT 2024