Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Exposing additional HTTP link to RAP application
Exposing additional HTTP link to RAP application [message #1012362] Thu, 21 February 2013 12:12 Go to next message
Tiago Simoes is currently offline Tiago SimoesFriend
Hi all,

I have a RAP 2.0 application where everything works and everyone is happy.

I now have to provide a HTTP link for the server to dump some information to files. At first I was considering using the RAP download file trick, e.g.

ServiceManager manager = RWT.getServiceManager();
manager.registerServiceHandler( "download", new DownloadServiceHandler() );
String url = manager.getServiceHandlerUrl( "download" );

Unfortunately this does not suit my needs as it requires a running RAP application (for the context to be initialized). In my case the link must be active as long as the server is running even if there is no running application.

I then thought about a simple HTTP servlet using plain equinox features (e.g. taking the example from the quickstart section of the equinox site), however I would like to know if this would have any impact in my RAP application or if there is a better way to achieve it.

Any hint is welcomed!

Many thanks
Re: Exposing additional HTTP link to RAP application [message #1012440 is a reply to message #1012362] Thu, 21 February 2013 14:57 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

As you mention, the ServiceHandler framework is designed to handle requests scoped to a user session. If you need to handle other requests, then yes the OSGi HttpService framework is a good way to do that.
Previous Topic:Resize Listener on Display
Next Topic:RAP 2.0 and Translations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:51:47 GMT 2024