Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP Table: Row sometimes empty
RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009185] Thu, 14 February 2013 16:08 Go to next message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus Duft
Messages: 100
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
Hi again!

I have a problem with the (more or less) default Table implementation. We have a rather complex application with a lot of tables and stuff. Now when navigating through the application, i sometimes get empty table rows, where there should be data. I can verify on the server side that the items are created and filled with the according data, but on the client, they are empty...

I have multiple cases identified until now: The first one is when i:

1) Fill the table with data
2) select a row
3) right click (menu opens) - choose an action > causes another dialog to open (table is not manipulated at all)
4) return to the first dialog - the selected row has no more texts.

looks like this:
index.php/fa/13422/0/

The second case is in some of our dialogs (actually have found one only until now Wink) if i open it and fill everything with data, the table in question has only one row, and this rows texts are all empty.

This one looks like this:
index.php/fa/13421/0/

I tried to follow the request payloads for both cases. In the first one it seems the table is left alone completely except from setting visibility and tabIndex - still data is gone.

In the second case, i'm pretty sure this is the request that causes the empty item:

[ "create", "w1977", "rwt.widgets.GridItem", {
"parent": "w448",
"index": 0
} ]


I'm a little bit stuck on where to continue with my investigations...?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 February 2013 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009198 is a reply to message #1009185] Thu, 14 February 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1817
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Markus,
could you provide a snippet to reproduce the issue? Which RAP version
are you using? Did you try with RAP 2.0? Is this happen in all browsers?
Best,
Ivan

On 2/14/2013 6:08 PM, Markus Duft wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I have a problem with the (more or less) default Table implementation. We have a rather complex application with a lot of tables and stuff. Now when navigating through the application, i sometimes get empty table rows, where there should be data. I can verify on the server side that the items are created and filled with the according data, but on the client, they are empty...
>
> I have multiple cases identified until now: The first one is when i:
>
> 1) Fill the table with data
> 2) select a row
> 3) right click (menu opens) - choose an action > causes another dialog to open (table is not manipulated at all)
> 4) return to the first dialog - the selected row has no more texts.
>
> looks like this:
>
>
> The second case is in some of our dialogs (actually have found one only until now ;)) if i open it and fill everything with data, the table in question has only one row, and this rows texts are all empty.
>
> This one looks like this:
>
>
> I tried to follow the request payloads for both cases. In the first one it seems the table is left alone completely except from setting visibility and tabIndex - still data is gone.
>
> In the second case, i'm pretty sure this is the request that causes the empty item:
>
>
> [ "create", "w1977", "rwt.widgets.GridItem", {
> "parent": "w448",
> "index": 0
> } ]
>
>
> I'm a little bit stuck on where to continue with my investigations...?

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009451 is a reply to message #1009198] Fri, 15 February 2013 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus Duft
Messages: 100
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
I was not able to produce one yet... i have to investigate more, but i don't know where...

EDIT: ah, and i'm already using 2.0.0 release. and it happens at least with chrome, firefox, IE and safari.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009538 is a reply to message #1009451] Fri, 15 February 2013 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus Duft
Messages: 100
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
i tried rather hard now to come up with a small example, but really, i have no idea what causes this. it must be something in conjunction with our big application. i don't know...
Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009583 is a reply to message #1009538] Fri, 15 February 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1817
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Markus,
you didn't say which RAP version are you using. Is it reproducible in
all browsers - Firefox, IE7/8/9, Chrome? Is this happens with plain
Table or you are using JFace TableViewer? Is the Table virtual or not?
Best,
Ivan

On 2/15/2013 11:42 AM, Markus Duft wrote:
> i tried rather hard now to come up with a small example, but really, i
> have no idea what causes this. it must be something in conjunction
> with our big application. i don't know...

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009607 is a reply to message #1009583] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amandeep Chahal is currently offline Amandeep Chahal
Messages: 85
Registered: September 2011
Location: India
Member
Are you using a version prior to 1.5M7. I had a such a rendering issue which got fixed in 1.5M7. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=377746
Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009621 is a reply to message #1009538] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus Duft
Messages: 100
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
i can at least confirm that the TableItemLCA.renderChanges receives an empty TableItem as widget... i added a breakpoint that sysouts the table item plus all it's columns texts when rendering the table, and sysouts when creating the actual item.

CREATE: 23932502 - TableItem {0}:0;1;10,00;1,00;0,00;1,00;0,00;1,00;true;0;;02.07.2012 10:46:39;;Normal;true;;1 kg;1,00;10;0;0;1;PKG;
LCA:23932502 - TableItem {}:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;


i also made sure that there is no clear or whatever involved, so nobody should destroy it in the meantime. also the first number in the output above is .hashCode() of the item, so i'm sure it's the same instance...

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 11:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1009630 is a reply to message #1009621] Fri, 15 February 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Duft is currently offline Markus Duft
Messages: 100
Registered: February 2013
Senior Member
ah, i have it. there /was/ some code calling table.clearAll(). this called clear() on the item, thus the behaviour. it was obviously thought for a virtual table to force re-reading of the data... pff. is table.redraw() a viable alternative on RAP? javadoc says no... what can i do to force redrawing?
Re: RAP Table: Row sometimes empty [message #1011296 is a reply to message #1009630] Tue, 19 February 2013 09:01 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan Furnadjiev
Messages: 1817
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Markus,
yes... calling table.redraw() will trigger the re-reading of the cleared
data. If you are using JFace viewers, viewer.refresh() is the way to go.
HTH,
Ivan

On 2/15/2013 2:11 PM, Markus Duft wrote:
> ah, i have it. there /was/ some code calling table.clearAll(). this
> called clear() on the item, thus the behaviour. it was obviously
> thought for a virtual table to force re-reading of the data... pff. is
> table.redraw() a viable alternative on RAP? javadoc says no... what
> can i do to force redrawing?

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Forms with RAP/RWT 2.0
Next Topic:RAP browser scrolling
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 12:30:03 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05759 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software