|Is it worth using EMF for a complex RCP application? [message #1008709]
||Wed, 13 February 2013 11:34
| Philippe BLANC
Registered: February 2013
Firstly, I'm sorry if my topic is at the wrong place, or if this question was already asked.
I have developed two complex RCP applications for my company.
We're starting a new project, and I'm wondering if EMF can help us.
Here are the benefits I've identified:
- Domain model classes generated from an ecore diagram.
- EMFCompare to easily compare two models
- Possibility to generate some code from a model (using Acceleo)
But, I can see some potential limitations:
- Can Ecore model complex models (more than 50/100 classes)?
- Is it possible to extend the model via another plug-in? I see some topics regarding model inheritance...
Thanks a lot for your answers.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01578 seconds