Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems with Starting a Project
Problems with Starting a Project [message #1000863] Tue, 15 January 2013 15:06 Go to next message
Bilbo Baggins is currently offline Bilbo BagginsFriend
Good morning,

I'm having problems with opening a project and also with importing an existing one. I'm using Windows 7 and my "java -version" is 1.7.0_09, according to the prompt.

First, I decompressed the archive of Eclipse in the Root folder (C:\). The first problem I obtain is that, according to Eclipse, the HOME variable in EGit is not set. Then, following these instructions of the Eclipse user guide, I set C:\ as HOME variable.

But I continue to obtain the following errors: when I try to create a new project, clicking in the wizard on "Finish" nothing happens. When I try to import an existing one, nothing still happens. The "funniest" thing is that if I try to import it again, Eclipse says that it is already in the workspace; even if I delete the folder of a project I created (which Eclispe didn't open), trying to create a new one with the same name, Eclipse replies that "a project with that name already exists".

If I have to be honest, I'm quite desperate. Thank you for your help!
Re: Problems with Starting a Project [message #1001226 is a reply to message #1000863] Wed, 16 January 2013 09:26 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

If you use explorer to open your workspace folder in your file system, is there anything inside?
Are you using the Java perspective in your Eclipse? If that's the case, when you say that nothing happens, you mean that the Package Explorer view remains empty right?

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:how do I set a project's classpath
Next Topic:Importing cloned Git repository in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:16:17 GMT 2024