|Eclipse for Android: How do I have multiple Logcat views? (juno) [message #998313]
||Wed, 09 January 2013 14:42
| Dave Chandler
Registered: January 2013
I have multiple phones that I am running in debug mode. I would like to use Eclipse's Logcat view to monitor each of them to see what one is sending and another is receiving. |
I have found that I can SOMETIMES do this by following these steps:
1. Press 'run' button in Eclipse.
2. Select phone 1. App launches and Logcat shows output from phone 1
3. Press 'run' again
4. Select phone 2. App launches. Logcat STAYS with phone 1
5. Select Window->New to open a new eclipse window
6. Select window->view->other->logcat
A new logcat view will appear in Eclipse window 2. 35% of the time this logcat window is capturing the data from phone 2. More often than not however, both windows show the same thing.
If I go to the device viewer and manually select a phone BOTH windows always change. How can I tell one window to give me one phone and another window to give me the other instead of always relying on dumb luck?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03573 seconds