Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Hudson » Hudson + SVN + Eclipse
Hudson + SVN + Eclipse [message #997289] Sat, 05 January 2013 00:21 Go to next message
Ricardo Balduino is currently offline Ricardo BalduinoFriend
Hi, I'm trying to make Hudson + SVN work on Eclipse. I have successfully installed Hudson and SVN servers, and their admin interfaces are accessible.
I installed the plugins in Eclipse so I can access SVN repository successfully, and I can see build results inside Eclipse shell, but I'm not sure I can run builds correctly.
The problem is that I haven't been able to generate builds in Hudson in sync with source code changes done in a simple Java project in Eclipse.
I may be missing some initialization on the Hudson side. Are there any tutorials, or even better examples showing the integration of these tools?
Any help will be appreciated.

Eclipse Juno SR1
SVN 1.7
Hudson 3.0
Windows 7

Re: Hudson + SVN + Eclipse [message #997293 is a reply to message #997289] Sat, 05 January 2013 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Make sure you enable the "Poll SCM" option enabled. Basically this option will tell hudson every x minutes to scan the svn repository for any new changes. If changes are found it will perform an update and and perform a build. If no changes are found it will not trigger a new build. The hudson book is available at

* @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
Re: Hudson + SVN + Eclipse [message #1014997 is a reply to message #997293] Wed, 27 February 2013 07:45 Go to previous message
Tang Shi-Ming is currently offline Tang Shi-MingFriend
I setup my job exactly as what you said here. The build is triggered but it only do the svn update steps then stops. I will post a new message for the issue.
Previous Topic:Hudson not triggering a build when it receives SVN commit notification?
Next Topic:Hudson version compatible with Java 1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 30 13:32:37 GMT 2015