Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Painting of figures using Draw2D takes too long (Painting of figures using Draw2D takes too long)
Painting of figures using Draw2D takes too long [message #991435] Wed, 19 December 2012 06:59
Ajinkya Dhumal is currently offline Ajinkya DhumalFriend
Hi,
I am developing an Eclipse RCP application in which I need to plot diagrams. I am using org.eclipse.draw2d library for ploting figures. This is a multi threaded application supporting multiple views and painting operation is performed by one of the thread asynchronously (using IProgressMonitor).

If a large number of figures(around 200) are plotted multiple times(about 8 - 10 times), a considerable amount of delay is observed while painting. This delay increses further on subsequent paint operations finally the application hangs.

I have checked the application performance using VisualVM profiler and it seems that there is no memory leakage. From the profiler we foound that this particul;ar thread -> "org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gdk_draw_layout_with_colors" is taking a bit more time.

Please provide me some pointers to avoid this delay.
Previous Topic:Navigate From HTML link to Source Code Line
Next Topic:Common Navigator Content Provider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 01:30:02 GMT 2024