Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unable to export deployable feature(Unable to export deployable feature with metadata)
Unable to export deployable feature [message #990740] Fri, 14 December 2012 01:19
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
So I'm trying to export a feature containing several plugins with the meta-data required to use as a P2 update repository, however when I try I get the following error

C:\Users\phillip\Documents\MOUSEWHEEL\Workspace\PhillipWorkspace\com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view\assemble.com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view.group.group.group.xml:88: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\phillip\Documents\MOUSEWHEEL\Workspace\PhillipWorkspace\com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view\assemble.com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view.group.group.group.xml:184: Messages while mirroring artifact descriptors.
An error occurred copying file C:\Users\phillip\Documents\MOUSEWHEEL\Workspace\PhillipWorkspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\tempp2metadata\plugins\com.themousewheel.emf.view_1.0.0.201212141041.jar.
The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\phillip\Documents\MOUSEWHEEL\Workspace\PhillipWorkspace\com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view\assemble.com.themousewheel.developer.feature.view.group.group.group.xml:184: Messages while mirroring artifact descriptors.
An error occurred copying file C:\Users\phillip\Documents\MOUSEWHEEL\Workspace\PhillipWorkspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\tempp2metadata\plugins\com.themousewheel.emf.view_1.0.0.201212141041.jar.

it appears the error is that it's trying to copy the wrong file because the file it says its had an error trying to copy (com.themousewheel.emf.view_1.0.0.201212141041.jar.) doesn't exist- the qualifier has changed and the actual jar being created in the folder is different.

I can't find where it's getting it's incorrect information from but I really need to find out why it's looking for the wrong qualifier and failing. This has happened a few times now and each time there doesn't appear to be anything changing between an export working and an export not working - suddenly it just starts failing.

Any help would be hugely appreciated - it's doing my head in
Previous Topic:How add a resource to a plugin's classpath dynamically
Next Topic:How do you add keylisteners?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 19:46:44 GMT 2024