Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Problems with references to other models
[EEF] Problems with references to other models [message #990479] Wed, 12 December 2012 16:18
Erlend Stav is currently offline Erlend StavFriend
Hi,

I am trying to generate an EEF editor for an .ecore model that contains a reference to another .ecore model. Is this supported in EEF? I first tried this in the context of creating an ecore model that is used for decorating / referring to a UML model, but to troubleshoot the problems I experienced, I have now a more minimal setup with only two ecore models.

In my experiment I created a small example with a generated EEF editor that works fine. For simplicity, lets call it Ex1 containing class A. Then I create Ex2 which imports A from Ex1 and which defines class B which have a reference to A. The loading of Ex1 from Ex2 was done by browsing the workspace in this case (but I also had the same problem when importing from the registered uml.ecore in my original attempt).

When trying to use "Initialize EEF Editor" the .genmodel is created but the src-gen directory that appears is empty. The .edit and .editor projects are created, but their src-gen end up with a single class (...EditPlugin and ...EditorPlugin). The models files under the .edit project are created, but the .components models contain only the root entry with no sub-content.

Any ideas? Are imports supported at all in EEF?
Previous Topic:[EMF Facet] TreeViewer with EObject from different resource sets
Next Topic:Access to the XTend2 Template Files.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:09:44 GMT 2024