Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Verify PDF report equality with MD5 running TestNG test?
Verify PDF report equality with MD5 running TestNG test? [message #989752] Fri, 07 December 2012 15:03 Go to next message
Olly   is currently offline Olly Friend
Is there any way to have a previously created PDF report as a basis and then run the TestNG test to create another report and then to verify that the reports are equal by finding the Hash of them? I notice that when the PDF report is created there is a footer automatically inserted at the bottom of each page with the current timestamp. I feel this would throw off the comparison. I am currently using Birt 3.7 with no chance of upgrade and TestNG. If there is no way to hash then are there any other methods to compare the base report to the newly created report?
Re: Verify PDF report equality with MD5 running TestNG test? [message #989827 is a reply to message #989752] Sat, 08 December 2012 04:29 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You're just wanting to compare the data in the reports?

As far as the time stamp, you can remove this in the report design by going to the masterpage section, under the design window and going to the footer and removing the date element.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How to justify the table to center in a BIRT Report
Next Topic:Need help with Blob and Sqlite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:34:41 GMT 2024