Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Juno CDT launching failed
Juno CDT launching failed [message #988397] Thu, 29 November 2012 17:41 Go to next message
Paul Reesman is currently offline Paul ReesmanFriend
Ok first off,

I have code::blocks on my computer and lately I have been fed up with it for c++ purposes. I have been using Helios for java for over a year with no problems. Yesterday I decided to get the CDT so I can run java and c++ from the same IDE. After a couple hours of doing things I finally got it on my computer and got the mingw gcc on my computer as well. I woke up this morning thinking that it is all good and I decide to do a simple hello world test run to confirm. It did not, so I upgraded to Juno and upgraded to the newest java (yay) but it did not work.

I added the mingw\bin thing to PATH.

When I build it it gives me:

09:36:34 **** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project CMIS315 ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o main.o "..\\main.cpp"
g++ -o CMIS315.exe main.o

09:36:34 Build Finished (took 390ms)

so to my knowledge everything is ok so far. But when run it I get this error message:

Error starting process.
Cannot run program "C:\Users\Public\Documents\EclipseWork\CMIS315\main.cpp": Launching failed
Cannot run program "C:\Users\Public\Documents\EclipseWork\CMIS315\main.cpp": Launching failed
Re: Juno CDT launching failed [message #988482 is a reply to message #988397] Fri, 30 November 2012 08:01 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:

You cannot run a cpp file. You have to select the binary (CMIS315.exe in your case) that was build. You can find the binary in the (virtual) folder Binaries in the Project Explorer.
Please have a look at the help page for more information
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/tasks/cdt_o_run_config.htm?cp=11_3_5_0

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Photran CDT Based Editor
Next Topic:Eclipse C++ Static Analysis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:19:25 GMT 2024