Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How can I set the summary row on a fixed position (below the body)?
How can I set the summary row on a fixed position (below the body)? [message #987596] Tue, 27 November 2012 09:57 Go to next message
Renso Lohuis is currently offline Renso LohuisFriend
Is it possible to set the summary row fixed below the body grid the same way as the header column (and filter) are at the top of the grid.
So that you don't have to scroll all the way down to the summary row to see it?

If it is possible, does anyone have an example for that?

Or is it possible to create an footer layer and put this in a grid layer of 2 by 3? And if it is, does anyone has an example for that?
Re: How can I set the summary row on a fixed position (below the body)? [message #987819 is a reply to message #987596] Wed, 28 November 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

AFAIK there is no such support for the summary row. At least none I would know. But of course this could be some enhancement request.

There is currently also no support for a footer region in NatTable grids. But of course you could try to enhance the grid to support it. Never tried that yet.

Maybe there are some NatTable users that managed something like that. But if so, it wasn't contributed back to NatTable.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: How can I set the summary row on a fixed position (below the body)? [message #988359 is a reply to message #987596] Thu, 29 November 2012 15:11 Go to previous message
Thomas  Mäder is currently offline Thomas MäderFriend
In principle, there is nothing that would prevent you from making a "longer" CompositeLayer and adding a footer row layer. The class "ColumnHeaderLayer" could serve as an example. It's not very exciting: basically it's just a DimensionallyDependentLayer with some additional listeners, command handlers, etc. that you can leave out if you don't need them. You probably want to invent a new grid region constant, but the group by support does the same, so there shouldn't be a problem there. The grid would look like:

CompositeLayer
  HeaderLayer
  ViewPortLayer
  FooterLayer

Make sure you copy the appropriate configuration code from the GridLayer class.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 November 2012 15:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:MouseOver, MouseOut listeners for Tablecells possible?
Next Topic:Subclasing TextPainter - chanigng colors is impossible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:18:10 GMT 2024