Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » TPTP with Eclipse Ganymede using Linux
TPTP with Eclipse Ganymede using Linux [message #141669] Fri, 03 April 2009 19:27 Go to next message
Florian Hackenberger is currently offline Florian HackenbergerFriend
Hi!

Does someone know of a TPTP version which works with Ganymede using Linux
(Ubuntu Hardy)? I have tried the version from the Ganymede update site, as
well as TPTP 4.5.0 from the tptp update site. I keep getting the following
error when launching a profile configuration (small java testing project)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: A time-out occurred while attempting
to launch the process
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:124)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:132)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.handleError(TIDelegateHelper.java:632)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launchProcess(TIDelegateHelper.java:548)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:325)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJ avaLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJavaLauncherDelegate.java:37)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1164)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunch Delegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:195)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have installed the required libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 package and executing:
java '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf' hello
from the command line works after setting the following environment:
export
TPTP_AC_HOME=/home/fhackenberger/eclipse_3.4/plugins/org.ecl ipse.tptp.platform.ac.linux_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132/agent_c ontroller
export
JAVA_PROFILER_HOME=/home/fhackenberger/eclipse_3.4/plugins/o rg.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtime_4.4.100.v200806180919 /agent_files/linux_ia32/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${TPTP_AC_HOME}/lib:${JAVA_PROFILER_HOME}

Can someone please provide some help?

Thanks in advance,
Florian
--
DI Florian Hackenberger
florian@hackenberger.at
www.hackenberger.at
Re: TPTP with Eclipse Ganymede using Linux [message #141693 is a reply to message #141669] Mon, 06 April 2009 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene ChanFriend
Hi DI,

Did you get the exception from starting the application from the launch
configuration? or from command line?

Eugene.

"DI Florian Hackenberger" <f.hackenberger@chello.at> wrote in message
news:gr5nuj$pq4$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi!
>
> Does someone know of a TPTP version which works with Ganymede using Linux
> (Ubuntu Hardy)? I have tried the version from the Ganymede update site, as
> well as TPTP 4.5.0 from the tptp update site. I keep getting the following
> error when launching a profile configuration (small java testing project)
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: A time-out occurred while
> attempting
> to launch the process
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:124)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:132)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.handleError(TIDelegateHelper.java:632)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launchProcess(TIDelegateHelper.java:548)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:325)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJ avaLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJavaLauncherDelegate.java:37)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1164)
> at
> org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunch Delegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:195)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> I have installed the required libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 package and
> executing:
> java '-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=standalone;CGProf' hello
> from the command line works after setting the following environment:
> export
> TPTP_AC_HOME=/home/fhackenberger/eclipse_3.4/plugins/org.ecl ipse.tptp.platform.ac.linux_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132/agent_c ontroller
> export
> JAVA_PROFILER_HOME=/home/fhackenberger/eclipse_3.4/plugins/o rg.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtime_4.4.100.v200806180919 /agent_files/linux_ia32/
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${TPTP_AC_HOME}/lib:${JAVA_PROFILER_HOME}
>
> Can someone please provide some help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Florian
> --
> DI Florian Hackenberger
> florian@hackenberger.at
> www.hackenberger.at
Re: TPTP with Eclipse Ganymede using Linux [message #142181 is a reply to message #141693] Mon, 11 May 2009 03:50 Go to previous message
Etienne Lacombe is currently offline Etienne LacombeFriend
I get the same thing on Ubuntu Intrepid, TPTP 4.4.100

I did various attempts following various posts found through Google - like
chmod +x, installing the libs, etc.

I tried integrated and manually starting it...

But all I get is:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
A time-out occurred while attempting to launch the process

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: A time-out occurred while
attempting to launch the process
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:124)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:132)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.handleError(TIDelegateHelper.java:654)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launchProcess(TIDelegateHelper.java:570)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:347)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJ UnitLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJUnitLauncherDelegate.java:33)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1164)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunch Delegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:195)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And that is when I run from Eclipse, launch configuration.
Previous Topic:TPTP for RCP?
Next Topic:TPTP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:19:12 GMT 2024