Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Showing aggregated data in table 1 in table 2(I have 2 tables and table 1 has aggregate data for total sales per category. I want to show the summary in another tablke)
Showing aggregated data in table 1 in table 2 [message #962454] Mon, 29 October 2012 04:33 Go to next message
santosh bs is currently offline santosh bsFriend
I have a report to list down the sales and it is grouped on the category of the items. At the footer for each category the total sales is displayed for that category using aggregate function.

Sample data for Table 1 --

item name quantity sales
category1
shoes 2 300
pen 5 20
Category1 Totals 320

category2
bag 1 100
notebook 1 50
category2 totals 150

I want to have another table as category summary showing totals for each category and it should look as below,

Tbale 2 --

category1 320
category2 150

How should I achieve it by accessing the aggreagate data we are building in the table 1?
Re: Showing aggregated data in table 1 in table 2 [message #964551 is a reply to message #962454] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:06 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could store the values in arrays and create a scripted dataSet, using these arrays, to use for your summary table. Or, you could build the summary table dynamically using HTML in a HTML text box with these arrays. You could also do something like store the values in persistentGlobalVariables named after the category name. Then, since you already have a field in your data with the category name, you could create a second table, grouped on the category field, then, in a dynamic text box, you could recall the PGV you created, with the group value, to be sure you're grabbing the correct data. This last option would require the least work of these options. If you need an example, let me know what option you like and what your version is.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Birt Report Viewer Customization- Yet another question
Next Topic:JNDI configuration for BIRT report designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:20:35 GMT 2024