Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Sustainable system damage after installation of custom plugin(After deployment of custom plugin Jubula crashes whith every startup - even after new installation.)
Sustainable system damage after installation of custom plugin [message #957471] Thu, 25 October 2012 08:47 Go to next message
Olav Beyermann is currently offline Olav BeyermannFriend
Hi everybody,

I got stuck with this problem and it's history as described in the following:

- I developed and deployed a custom plugin (Jubula 1.2) for access of custom ui-components in my AUT.

- Since then Jubula crashed with every startup, so I reinstalled it.

- Even the completely new installed Jubula crashed as before so I finally installed Jubula 1.1 and could keep on working with it.

- Yesterday I installed Jubula 1.3. and it starts up successfully after that.

- The new problem: When I try to connect to the default (embedded) empty database it doesn't work and I get this message: "A version conflict has been detected while attempting to connect to the database..."

For me all this looks like there are remains of the former Jubula 1.2 experiment in my system (Win 7 x64), which are preventing version 1.2 from running at all and preventing version 1.3 from connecting to the default database.

Any hints or solutions are welcome.

Olav
Re: Sustainable system damage after installation of custom plugin [message #958780 is a reply to message #957471] Fri, 26 October 2012 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Olav,

the embedded database is created in your home directory - so if you connected to it once with an older version, then it was created. The newer version finds the existing database file and recognises the version conflict. If you have projects in there that you want to keep using, then you should export them to XML with the version of Jubula with which they were created. You can then import them into a new database (you can delete / move the old database and have the new one created automatically). If you have no projects in there that you want to keep, then you can just delete / move the existing database files from the home directory. Then Jubula will create and connect to the new database.

HTH,
ALex
Re: Sustainable system damage after installation of custom plugin [message #962569 is a reply to message #958780] Mon, 29 October 2012 06:45 Go to previous message
Olav Beyermann is currently offline Olav BeyermannFriend
Hi ALex,

thanks for your instant reply. I followed your recommendations and it all worked out.

Olav
Previous Topic:Jubula 1.3.0 fails to start
Next Topic:ObjectMappings does not recognize objects created with FormToolkit.createHyperLink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:24:13 GMT 2024