Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout SDK and Eclipse preferences
Scout SDK and Eclipse preferences [message #955301] Tue, 23 October 2012 17:35 Go to next message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
I am using the Juno Scout distribution as i downloaded it from eclipse.org without any extra plugins and i have problems to manage the preferences of Eclipse especially in the area Java/Editor/Content Assist.

When i am trying to change the preferences of eclipse to make the workspace more suitable for me, the Eclipse seems that completely ignores the settings.

For example fills the imports automatically, auto-formatting the source code on save, in Java/Editor/Content Assist/Folding no matter what settings i am using the editor completely ignore them, inserts spaces instead of tabs and so on.

Does anyone knows if this behavior is driven by Scout SDK?

Re: Scout SDK and Eclipse preferences [message #956012 is a reply to message #955301] Wed, 24 October 2012 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remo Arpagaus is currently offline Remo ArpagausFriend
It seems that projects which are created by the Scout SDK get project specific settings for "Java Code Style", "Clean Up", "Formatter" and "Java Editor / Save Actions". If you uncheck "Enable project specific settings" for all of these, your workspace preferences should work.
Re: Scout SDK and Eclipse preferences [message #956033 is a reply to message #955301] Wed, 24 October 2012 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Scout SDK doesn't change the normal behavior of Eclipse JDT/PDE.

But, when you create a new Project, the SDK set the preferences so that the "Project specific settings" are enabled for each project.

index.php/fa/12029/0/

If you change something in the Eclipse Preferences (using spaces or tab, auto import...) it will not apply to projects that have this checkbox checked.

Internally, Eclipse stores the preferences in the .settings folder. So you can manage this file in with your SCM Repository which is good if a team is developing on the project.

Workspace
|
+---myproject.client
|   |   
|   +---.settings
|   |       org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
|   |       org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs
|   \ ....       
|
+---myproject.server
|   |   
|   +---.settings
|   \ ....       
|
+---myproject.shared
|   |   
|   +---.settings
|   \ ....     
| 
+---myproject.ui.swing
|   |   
|   +---.settings
|   \ ....     
| 
\---myproject.ui.swt
    |   
    +---.settings
    |       org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
    |       org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs
    \ ....

You can:
1) Uncheck the checkbox in each project and manage your preferences at Workspace level (in the global preferences) but it is harder to share the preferences in your team.

2) Modify your preferences in one of the plugin, and copy the modified *.prefs files into the other .settings folder of the other plugins (In order to propagate your modifications, you may need to refresh the project, or close and open the project, or restart eclipse -- I am not sure how it works).

Let me know if it works for you.

Re: Scout SDK and Eclipse preferences [message #956061 is a reply to message #956033] Wed, 24 October 2012 07:56 Go to previous message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
Many many thanks Remo and J. Br.

I had to think by myself.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 October 2012 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:jdbc connection bundle SqlServer Jtds Drive
Next Topic:A new chapter for the Minicrm tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:36:50 GMT 2024