Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level
Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132661] Mon, 14 July 2008 09:53 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gshumakher.gmail.com

Hello,

I am profiling WTP application that running in Tomcat with jvm 1.6.
For some reason the Call Tree tab of Execution Time Analysis shows me
only 1th thread level, bun not the subsequent classes that were
executed. When I press + in the tree the + sign just disappears.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,
Gennady
Re: Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132689 is a reply to message #132661] Mon, 14 July 2008 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Gennady,

Did you set your profiling filter when starting your WTP application to
include your package? Also check the VIEW filter to make sure it shows all
your are expecting. The VIEW filter action button is on the toolbar of the
view itself.

Eugene


"Gennady Shumakher" <gshumakher@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:g5flpm$rrt$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I am profiling WTP application that running in Tomcat with jvm 1.6.
> For some reason the Call Tree tab of Execution Time Analysis shows me only
> 1th thread level, bun not the subsequent classes that were executed. When
> I press + in the tree the + sign just disappears.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Gennady
Re: Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132702 is a reply to message #132689] Mon, 14 July 2008 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gennady.backflipsoftware.com

Hi Eugene,

To be sure I specified the package filter as *.* (INCLUDE) and set 'No
filter' in the Execution Statistics tab of Execution Statistics view.
I do see packages, classes and methods with their performance statistics in
the Execution Statistics tab, but for some reason the Call Tree tab shows
only 1st level of threads.

Just to confuse even more, when I open Execution Flow view I do see the
Call Tree sub-view with Threads and subsequent calls, but statistics columns
(Instance Name, Start Time, etc.) are empty (no data).

Thanks,
Gennady


"Eugene Chan" <ewchan@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:g5fmcu$uid$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Gennady,
>
> Did you set your profiling filter when starting your WTP application to
> include your package? Also check the VIEW filter to make sure it shows all
> your are expecting. The VIEW filter action button is on the toolbar of the
> view itself.
>
> Eugene
>
>
> "Gennady Shumakher" <gshumakher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:g5flpm$rrt$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am profiling WTP application that running in Tomcat with jvm 1.6.
>> For some reason the Call Tree tab of Execution Time Analysis shows me
>> only 1th thread level, bun not the subsequent classes that were executed.
>> When I press + in the tree the + sign just disappears.
>>
>> What could be the problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gennady
>
>
Re: Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132785 is a reply to message #132702] Wed, 16 July 2008 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf Yaffe
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Gennady,

Can you provide more information on how do you profile your Tomcat
applications? Are you using the integrated "Profiler on server" option?
Or maybe another technique?

Thanks,
Asaf

--
Asaf Yaffe
Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132798 is a reply to message #132785] Wed, 16 July 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gennady.backflipsoftware.com

Hi Asaf,
I activate profiler via eclipse integrated option available from WTP -Server
view.

Regards,
Gennady

"Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
news:g5khmm$stk$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Gennady,
>
> Can you provide more information on how do you profile your Tomcat
> applications? Are you using the integrated "Profiler on server" option? Or
> maybe another technique?
>
> Thanks,
> Asaf
>
> --
> Asaf Yaffe
> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: Ganymede TPTP 4.5 - Call Tree shows only thread level [message #132811 is a reply to message #132798] Wed, 16 July 2008 09:00 Go to previous message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene Chan
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Gennady,

Profile on Server does not currently support Call Graph detail feature. To
workaround the problem, you will have to manually setup the server to start
in Run/Normal mode with VM argument that enables you to collect Call Graph
details.

In a server configuration, configure the VM argument field with the
following:
-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=controlled;CGProf:ex ecdetails=true

and start the server in Run mode, then attach to the profiling process using
the Profile... > Attach to Agent configuration. You can set your profiling
filters in the Attach to Agent configuration.

Eugene


"Gennady Shumakher" <gennady@backflipsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:g5kp6d$2fk$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Asaf,
> I activate profiler via eclipse integrated option available from
> WTP -Server view.
>
> Regards,
> Gennady
>
> "Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
> news:g5khmm$stk$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Gennady,
>>
>> Can you provide more information on how do you profile your Tomcat
>> applications? Are you using the integrated "Profiler on server" option?
>> Or maybe another technique?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Asaf
>>
>> --
>> Asaf Yaffe
>> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
>
Previous Topic:IAC not working on Ganymede
Next Topic:fan-in/fan-out
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 23 16:22:27 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03026 seconds